Oh Facebook…it has become so much a part of our lives. It’s a news feed, an address book, a video conferencing app, to even being an online storefront! it is also the leading social media network for total revenue driven to online businesses. Your Facebook Store is big opportunity to your business.
Ad revenue last quarter was up by 53% over the same period the previous year, and with more than 1.2 billion daily users, roughly 16% of the world’s population logs on to the site at some point every day.
With numbers like that, you can bet that the majority of today’s consumers are logged into Facebook at some point during their day!
What is a Facebook Store?
A Facebook Store is a Facebook business page tab application where potential customers can purchase products directly on your “Facebook Store.” This app allows potential customers to browse, share and purchase your products without having to leave their Facebook windows!
For example, Gigi Pip has a Facebook Store tab on their Facebook Business Page.
The Facebook Store app is an amazing and surprisingly cheap way to get your business enormous exposure due to Facebook’s large user audience.
- Driving new sales
- Engaging potential customers with products directly
- Offering deals and promotions
- Rewarding brand advocates
- Building brand awareness and recognition
Needless to say, engaging your Facebook community is an excellent way to grow your eCommerce business! Facebook makes it super easy for you to target users with specific interests, likes and behavioral patterns. It also makes sharing your eCommerce business content a breeze!
How Do I Setup A Facebook Store?
What is the best part about selling on Facebook with the store app? Well, you do not need to be a coder or have the technical knowledge of an internet guru to set it up!
There are two ways you can set up a Facebook store: do it directly on Facebook or use a third party eCommerce application like Big Commerce or hardikmangroliya. If you want help in setting up your Facebook store, here’s how to set up both ways:
Facebook Business Page Setup
If you already have a Business page setup on Facebook with all of the business details, photos and amazing ness filled out, creating a Facebook store is a breeze. From there, check to see if the “Shop” application is available for your type of business page. If it is, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Add shop section: The first step is the easiest, in the application sections, click on the ‘Add Shop Section’ link!
- Terms & Conditions: Next, you’ll need to read the Merchant terms & policies and check the box beside. ‘I agree to the merchant terms and policies’. Look over this carefully to understand all the rules and regulations your business will be held to using this application.
- Your Business Details: Next, add your business details! Add your address, email, phone numbers and other business details they will ask for. The more detailed you are, the better the profile!
- Connect Stripe: If you have a Stripe account, connect it.
- Add Products: It’s super simple to add products, simply click the “Shop” section, and then “Add Product.” Fill in all the details you need, including images, descriptions and other important pieces. You can see all the requirements right here, but here are some basics:
- You should have at least one high-quality image per product and it should be an image of the product itself with a resolution of 1024 x 1024 pixels
- Your descriptions should be detailed, helpful and creative
- Share 4 more images to help customers experience your product. Think carefully!
Third Party Setup
Here’s what you need to do to set up your Facebook Store through Shopify and Big-commerce.
If you’re a Shopify shop owner, it’s even simpler to setup and manage your Facebook store.
- Add Facebook as a Sales Channel: Login to your Shopify store, head to Settings, Sales Channel and then click Add Facebook.
- Connect Your Facebook Account: Make sure you’re signed in to the right Facebook account and hit Get Started. Facebook will then verify your account info to approve your store before you can enable Facebook checkout.
- Enable Shop Tab: Click ‘Enable Facebook Shop’ and you’ll then be able to determine which products and collections you want to be visible on your Facebook store.
- Choose Your Checkout: Your final step is to choose which checkout to use whether through Facebook or Shopify.
Once that is done. All that’s left to do is manage your orders which you can do as you would manage the other orders. Within your shopify dashboard.
Setting up on big commerce is pretty similar to shopify. It’s just a case of enabling it in the admin panel.
- Enable Facebook: Head to your channel manager in the admin panel of your big commerce store.It click get started next to facebook.
- Connect your Facebook Account: Connect your business account to Big Commerce, simply by logging in.
- Add your business details: As you would for the direct route. You need to put in a contact email and phone number. A link to your terms of service and finally choose the facebook page you’re connecting to.
- Get Approved!
From there, you follow the same steps when it comes to adding products and categories as you would in the direct route. Orders are all managed within Big Commerce.
Facebook Shop features
Ecwid’s Facebook shopping cart features include:
- Streamline shipping and taxes: Integrates with major carriers such as USPS, UPS, FedEx. Many others internationally to automatically calculate shipping rate.
- WordPress e-commerce capabilities: Add your online store to WordPress. It showcase the same products, prices, and descriptions on your Facebook store. As your WordPress storefront or any other site builder like Weebly, Wix, and Adobe Muse.
- E-commerce mobile apps: With ecwid’s free iOS and Android apps, you can manage sales, track inventory, It accept online payments wherever you are.
- Unlimited storage: Organize your online store data on secure servers and enjoy unlimited storage, regular backups, seamless upgrades, and security updates.
- PCI DSS validated level 1 service: Provides 55+ payment options and secure HTTPS checkout capabilities to ensure you comply with PCI DSS Level 1 requirements.
- Free support: The friendly, knowledgeable Ecwid support experts can help you discover the best ways to transform an ordinary Facebook page into an outstanding Facebook store.