With over 2 billion Active Users Daily and an average use time of 35 minutes per user, it’s a top spot for B2C and B2B advertising. There’s never been a better time to be familiar with Facebook Ad targeting.
Facebook has hundreds of targeting a ad demographic options. To get the most out of your advertising dollars, you’ll need to zero-in on your audience.
In this article, we’ll explore how to get the most out of that money spend on mastering Facebook Ad targeting and zeroing-in on your target.
What is a Facebook Audience?
The “target” or “market” that you’re going to advertise to is called, “Audience” on Facebook.You can target your customers.Targeting options include Age, Location, Gender, Job title.The options are almost limitless.
Example:For this hardik mangrolia ad, we might target photographers or people that love to hike or ski. We could use Pixel (more on Pixel below) to target users who have visited the hardikmangroliya purchase page. He didn’t complete the purchase.
Or for this ad, Hardikmangroliya might target digital marketing people that like working out or moms that have recently liked their Facebook page or Instagram post.
Targeting on Facebook Audiences
Like we mentioned, there are literally hundreds of ways to target people. Keep in mind that you can use any combination of the Targeting methods listed below.
- Location: You can target users by state, locality, zip code, country, etc. You can get more specific too, like targeting them where they work vs. where they live.
- Demographics: Demographics means data relating to a population,age, sex, income, marital status, etc. Facebook offers a ton of demographic options.
- Interests: Interests are really helpful in defining a target market. Let’s say you’ve got an eCommerce store that sells R&B records, you could target users who have liked vintage record player pages, music pages, R&B artists, jazz pages, etc.
- Behaviors: Behaviors use the Facebook Pixel (discussed below) to target users. Pixel is a piece of code that tracks user behavior That you can display ads to people that behave in certain ways. This is one of the most profitable ways to target to customers example, You might show ads to people who recently visited to your website’s pricing page or subscribed to your blog.
- Engagement is when someone comments, Follow your pages on social media. If someone has recently liked one of your Facebook or Instagram posts, you can have Facebook show them your ads.
- Partner Connections: This method of advertising shows ads based on behaviors users take off of Facebook.example if you are a car dealership, You might target users who have recently applied to a new car loan.
- Automatic Optimization: Use the many demographic and target options above to zero-in on an audience that works for your company. Facebook will automatically optimize your audience for you.
Facebook might optimize that ads to reach more new moms vs. new dads. New customers tend to Click-through more often. You have settled on a target that works well. You can use that target to build a successful facebook audience.
Increase Conversions Dramatically With Facebook Pixel
Facebook Pixel is a unique code that you plug into the backed of your website. The code tracks users behavior On your site.You target web visitors base on their behaviors.
The goal of using the Pixel is to optimize your Facebook Ads and audiences based on user behavior. The data collection. Pixel allows you to do things like; Re-Targeting users who have abandoned a cart, who have recently viewed your pricing page or subscribed to a webinar.
Installing Facebook Pixel
First, you’ll need to create a Pixel for your site. Navigate to the Ads Manager, click All Tools > Pixels.
You’ll be promote to set up your Pixel, agree to terms and name the Pixel. You will install it On your site.
Select manually install Pixel.
To install the code, you simply copy and paste it into the header of your website.
Find the <head> code in your website. Install the Pixel inside the header. It will look something like this.
Make sure you save your website data with that code snippet in place!
Next, you’ll set up specific events you’d like to track. The behaviors this you will track are called Events. You tell Facebook what each of these Events is for your website.
Once you toggle Generate Lead to on, you can copy the code snippet and paste it into the <script> of the webinar confirmation page you want to track.
The <script> section where you want to paste this snippet looks like this:
How To Set Up Event Tracking For an Existing Pixel
If you’re already using Pixel and want to start tracking new Events, navigate to the Events Manager page > Pixels.
Next, click Details.
Click set up.
This will bring you back to the options for manually installing the code snippet. Click manually install and follow the steps above for installing the code.
How Do You Build a Successful Facebook Audience?
Build a successful facebook audience take sometime. For the best results. You want to the audience it will become specific.
The first step in creating a highly-specific audience is to get familiar with your customer persona. You can build out a customer avatar to help you set up successful Facebook Audiences.
Here is an example of a good customer avatar. Notice how specific it is.
There are Three Types of Facebook Audiences.
1. Facebook Saved Audiences
2.Facebook Custom Audiences
3.Facebook Lookalike Audiences