So once you start writing your awesome SEO Result content and putting all of these steps into motion. How do you actually track whether and how well it is working?
On it is facing, this question has a fairly straightforward answer, with some key metrics to focus on, but with each metric. There are some key factors to consider as you measure your site SEO (Search engine optimization) performance.
Looking at where your site ranks for a list of keywords certainly is not a final destination. you can not pay your staff in ranking. Things like personalization in search results have made them variable across different location, and therefore hard to track, and of course. All they indicate is where you show up in search results In Google. Some would even go so as to declare them dead. But getting a rough idea of where your site ranking for core terms can be a useful leading indicator of the health of your site. This does not mean you should get overly obsessed with rankings for any one term. Remember your goal is to drive more relevant traffic that drives more business. if you sell blue widgets, is it more important that you rank for the blue widget or that you outline and execute a Search Engine Optimization strategies that can help you sell more blue widgets in the most cost-efficient way possible? Use rankings as a general health check, not a course charting KPI.
Organic rich is a much better leading indicator of the health of your SEO Result. By looking at the organic Rich your site’s, you can get a gauge for the actual volume of visitors coming to your site, and where they are going.
You can measure your organic traffic easily with most analytics tools since it is free and the most-used, we will look at how to get this information in Google Analytics.
For a quick check, you can simply look at your site’s main reporting page and click on All Sessions to filter for organic traffic.
You can also drill down to look at the specific pages driving traffic and goals by creating a custom report and designating users and goal completions as your metrics, and landing pages as your dimension:
Note: Make sure once you view this report that you’re selecting the organic traffic. Segment again, or you will be looking at. All of your traffic by page rather than just unpaid traffic driven by Google search engines.
This can be powerful for the site’s just getting start SEO Result because frequently most of the traffic of your site. It will be driven by what is known as “branded queries.” or search that contains your company brand name versus a non-branded search term. Which might be “pay-per-click PPC. You clearly want to have people searching your brand/website, and of course, you want to find you when they do. but unless your site has been penalized by Google, you will almost certainly rank for your brand and have that branded traffic your site’s home page. What most of your ongoing SEO (Search engine optimization) efforts should be centered around is driving incremental traffic to the site.
Organic leads are prospects who find your company by searching for your product & service or question in a search engine. Rather than directly visiting your URL or clicking on PPC ads. These leads and prospects often do not know about your product or service before they do an online search.
Today’s Google and other search engines as a way to answer all of our question. Whether it is the name of an actor, How to change a setting on my phone and how to solve complex business problems. I know that Dr. Google will have the answer. And, as marketers, we are hoping that Google will prescribe information your website as a treatment for the searcher. That is why companies fight to reach the top of Search Engine Result Pages (SERPS) we want their attention!
So how do you get to the top results? And furthermore, how do you get visitor are take action on your Website?
Organic Leads & Sales
Obviously the primary way to measure your SEO Result should be actual lead. & Sales, revenue, and profit. Like any business activity, you need to answer, how doe’s the activity help to move your bottom lines?
The simplest path here is to set goals or e-commerce tracking in a like Google Analytics Tools. You can use the above report to look at organic traffic your Website. Which means that you are specifically looking at who converts among. The people who are searching on your site from an organic search.
This seems pretty straightforward. It is generally for most business is a good. initial way to measure the success of your SEO efforts. Again there are a few caveats and things to keep in mind this details.
- Web-based analytics is always imperfect. If you are transitioning from billboards or newspaper ads to online marketing. You will likely be impressed by the volume and precision of the data available.
- there can frequently be a variety of different tracking issues.
- That can make the data you are seeing anywhere from slightly to wildly off – always have a degree of skepticism about data. That does not seem to add. Do you what can to have some checks in place to make sure that your analytics info. It is synced to your actual revenue and spend data.
- Your system might create gaps in tracking. If you have a back-end system that you can not quite tie to analytics for some reason. You might have some gaps between what you can track as goals and actual sales.
- Attribution and life time value metrics can be tricky. This is more of business and web metrics problem than something specific to Search Engine Optimizations. But figuring out how you attribute sales to different channels. Its factoring in life-time value to your site’s traffic can be tricky. Make sure you are applying the same types of tough questions and attempting to measure Search Engine Optimizations. The same way you would with any other marketing endeavor.